Piotr Bury Łakomy
23 June - 6 August 2017 Galeria Labirynt, Lublin
- I saw it in the suburbs, also in the center of the town,
during a vast night: the unique texture of these bushes
followed me to the doors with its eyes,
and as for me,
- what has began as life soon turned
into a much wider project.
In our previous detachment
we were able to go around, to travel
- even in most distant corners of the country,
seeing always the same materials
of our daily activity: lawns, clothes, food
illuminating us in the dark, as if covered
- with intelligent mold. Pretty preposterous attractions,
don’t you think? Meanwhile, the real homework
was that we came out of somewhere
already preformed, as if made for measure,
- but deprived of the original image.
It’s been a long way. It started with a drawing,
but soon it became clear,
that also these planks, boards and water with dirt
- are just not enough.
“I’ll remember your shape”,
said the naked wall
and became a canvas of some indifferent afternoon.
- And now it imposes a mesh of its individual concepts
entangling this pale house
of days that are yet to come, although already for a long time
we are all living in it.
― Marcin Czerkasow